Internet and DNS Tools
Published : 2015-01-21.
Last updated : 2021-01-31.
Your IP is 18.104.22.168
These are my great tools for internet based DNS queries.
18-09-2016: Added two new tools
- This site provides a lot of tools. It also includes the very important check to see if your website is accessible from China
- The site
https://digwebinterface.com presents the (Linux) BASH
dig command in a web-browser. The following image shows the output
and usage of the website.
- The site
whois.domaintools.com presents a Whois of a domain and provides (a paid)
domain history. The following image shows the output of the website.
- This site
https://dmarcian.com/spf-survey/ presents you an graphical overview of the structure of the DNS SPF record and shows configuration errors. The following image shows the output of the website.
- This site
https://www.whatsmydns.net/ lets you instantly perform a DNS lookup to check a domain names current IP address and DNS record information against multiple name servers located in different parts of the world.
This allows you to check the current state of DNS propagation after having made changes to your domains records.
- OpenRDAP is a command line client for the Registration Data Access Protocol.
RDAP is a replacement for WHOIS, and provides domain name & IP-address registration-information in JSON-format over HTTP.
https://httpstatus.io/ by Sander Heilbron
- Since 2011 httpstatus.io is a popular bulk HTTP status checker, redirect checker and header checker. You can use this tool to easily check HTTP status codes, status messages, response headers, and redirect chains returned by a server in response to a URL request by clients like a browser or search engine bot.
- Locate and identify website visitors by IP address.
ipstack offers one of the leading IP to geolocation APIs and global IP database services worldwide.
- IP Location Finder. Troubleshoot website, network, and CDN issues for fast resolutions.
- Simple and useful web tools for:SEO, SSL, Text, Network, Encode & Decode, Domain, Design, Validator, Extraction, IP, TIME Convert, PDF Generator, Media, Programming en Security
Google developer site
- Mandatory site if you would like to optimize your search results at Google.
16-03-2019: Added a new tool
02-09-2019: Added a new tool whatsmydns.net/
20-02-2020: Added a new tool for OpenRDAP
17-01-2021: added a new tool for http redirects
31-01-2021: Added two new tools for IP Geo location.
Have other favorites? Use the contact form on the left and suggest them.
Scripts and programming examples disclaimer
Unless stated otherwise, the script sources and programming examples provided are copyrighted freeware.
You may modify them, as long as a reference to the original code and hyperlink to the source page is included in the modified code and documentation.
However, it is not allowed to publish (copies of) scripts and programming examples on your own site, blog, vlog, or distribute them on paper or any other medium, without prior written consent.
Many of the techniques used in these scripts, including but not limited to modifying the registry or system files and settings, impose a risk of rendering the Operating System inoperable and loss of data.
Make sure you have verified full backups and the associated restore software available before running any script or programming example.
Use these scripts and programming examples entirely at your own risk. All liability claims against the author in relation to material or non-material losses caused by the use, misuse or non-use of the information provided, or the use of incorrect or incomplete information, are excluded. All content is subject to change and provided without obligation.