WebHalla ™ FAQ
What is WebHalla ™?
WebHalla ™ is a Content Management System (CMS) developed by
Johan van Soest and designed to run on Microsoft Windows ASP.Net" servers. WebHalla ™ does
not require a database thus limiting requirements on the hosting system.
The base of WebHalla ™ is a customizable skeleton. This skeleton is an
ASP program that can
parse several data files into one resulting page and generates the menu's. All code generated is cross browser compatible.
You can use the following browsers:
||7.0 or better
|Netscape 8.0.1 or better Sadly the Netscape browsers are canceled by AOL.
You may click on the browser download icon above.
||Firefox 4.0 or better
||Chrome 32.0 or better
||Microsoft Edge for Windows 10
WebHalla ™ features
- A skeleton gathering information from:
resulting in a generated web page
- several content files
- a menu file
- copyright information
- privacy information
- cookie information
- A Guestbook and dynamic guestbook form with input validation.
- A dynamic Response form with input validation. It automatically sends a "
thank you" mail to validate the e-mail address.
- A multi-level hotlist to support a knowledge-base and store handy information.
- Safer as it is SQL-injection free
- Variable substitution, Webhalla ™ can replace tokens with for example predefined date formats
- Auto resizing to use the total available screen surface. This way there is no white space on both sides of the content and
the web-site will fit on mobile devices.
- Text flows perfectly when fonts are resized in the browser for better readability.
- CSS style sheet can be overruled in segments
- W3C Extended logging (date time c-ip cs-username s-ip s-port cs-method cs-uri-stem cs-uri-query sc-status
- Bing maps
- Cookie use and Privacy description.
- For the news feeds from public internet servers (
Mashup page) the feed type can now be specified per feed. Select between ATOM (rfc4287) and RSS. The ATOM parser now
supports feed and channel tags.
- Windows 8 Start Screen pinning.
- The hotlist now supports "Expand all" and "Collapse all" to ease searching through the hotlist themes.
The hotlist is redesigned so it is better suited for touch screens.
- Improved progress bar and status messages for the mashup pages.
- Improved menu bar (tiles) for touch screens.
- Authenticated Twitter integration, list the latest tweets on the web-site
- More progress indication when loading RSS/Atom feeds and the knowledge base.
- In version 0.1.d.0 the ICT-Hotlist functionality is redesigned:
- backwards compatible. Old content can be converted in small steps.
- faster rendering thus reducing loading times.
- better integration with modern media such as Twitter, blogs and fora.
- easier to print a single topic.
- improved maintainability.
- creation and last modified timestamps shown per topic.
- In version 0.1.d.1 the ICT-Hotlist Find functionality is introduced. Search the ICT-knowledge base using characters,
numbers and spaces. (literal and case insensitive)
Find function with explanation tooltip in the new ICT-Hotlist control panel and search results highlighted (Click to
Screen shot of mobile device (Company-issued Nokia E52 (240x320)) vistiting website with menu collapsed and menu icon.
Screen shot of mobile device (Company-issued Nokia E52 (240x320)) vistiting website with menu expanded and menu icon removed. Horizontal scrolling shows the entire webpage.
Development started in 2005. Currently (2020) it is in release version 0.1.e.4.
Will WebHalla ™ be released under Open Source?
No, WebHalla ™ is copyrighted and not intended to be released under Open
Source. It's created because I needed a tool to maintain my website a lot easier.
Where can I download WebHalla ™?
It's simple, you can not download WebHalla ™.
Why is it named WebHalla ™?
WebHalla ™ is designed to ease the maintenance of my
website. By creating this timesaving "heavenly internet tool" I combined the term
Walhalla and Web to WebHalla ™. The name goes back even further. In the late 1990's (before
Google™ started) I started a small sub website called ElectroHalla ™. This
site for the Electrotechnical enthusiasts was designed to exchange electronic designs that are free of copyrights.
Due to limited time I have stopped the ElectroHalla ™ sub site. It might however reopen anytime :-)
Thank you for your interest in WebHalla ™